What's new

Apps that adapt web pages, do you really them?

dudawei

Reaction score
I am curious how many of you, actually like special mobile apps for priotary websites? It is getting annoying that every single website has to have its own individual mobile app, when it seems to me to be completely unnecessary. The opera browser works fine for most sites as it is. Asking me to download yet another app everytime you visit a new website, wastes valuable time and adds unnecessary complexity. Just wanted to hear your ideas on this topic. What are the specific criteria that you think warrants the necessity for a website to have to create an accompanying mobile app?

Last edited:
I can see why some websites use a mobile version of their pages. It is supposed to be more convenient since there is no need to zoom in and everything is arranged for easier mobile browsing. With that said I have not found one website that I prefer to use the mobile page. I always have to locate the "desktop version" link. The worst being ESPN, their mobile version is t r b l terrible. I wish there was an option to disable mobile browsing on stock ios like there is on android. I'm fine on my phone since it is jailbroken but my iPad still links to some mobile sites.