What's new

Apple's iPhone 6 to Sport a Full 1080p Display with 440ppi

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
$iphone6-iphoneplus-noir-01-580x435.jpg
Although the iPhone 5S and 5C have just hit the market, we all know that Apple has been working on next year's iPhone 6 for quite some time. Close to final plans and prototypes are most likely circulating the Cupertino campus, while Apple fans are awaiting the next device.

A new report coming from the December 2013 issue of Mac Fan (via Macotakara) claims that Apple's iPhone 6 will be adopting a full 1080p display. The displays would be manufactured by LG Display Co. and provide a 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution at 440ppi.

While this publication has no track record of previous Apple releases, we have been hearing that Apple is eager to upgrade it's iPhone display sizes. Earlier today, Apple analyst Gene Muster wrote in a note that Apple will release a larger screen iPhone 6 in Summer 2014. However, previous rumors have also claimed that Apple will be using Sharp's IGZO display technology for the upcoming flagship device.

Can't wait, I have a 4S and I don't plan on upgrading anytime soon. Hopefully I can hold out because I really want a bigger Screen.