What's new

Applecare+ or no???

Diane B

Reaction score
Did a search on this and found nothing recent. Husband just bought an Iphone 4s this past week from Verizon, upgrading from a Palm Pre (bought because of the free mobile hot spot for 2 years). I'm fairly averse to buying warranties---I did buy Apple Care for my first Ipad but we were all unsure in May 2010 how it would go. I did not buy it for the second Ipad one I bought for my husband, so I admit I'm not sold on buying it for the Iphone. However, it is used differently than an Ipad and even with a cover it looks as though it would be more subject to accidents than our Ipads. In all the years he's had a cellphone he's never had an issue with one other than some firmware upgrades which Verizon handled. I've had a Touch for a number of years, a Nano and Classic before that and now 2 two year old Ipads and an Ipad 3---no problems at all. So--with good luck with Apple over a few years I am not sure this is worth it.

Verizon couldn't sell it so we will have to take to an Apple retail store--closest is 3 hours round trip. This is annoying and we didn't know this--might have bought the phone from the Apple store but his data on his phone needed transferred so I'm not sure how you do that buying direct.

So--any thoughts on this--did you buy it or not and why? Just got it Friday so have time to buy at retail store if needed.

Thanks,
Diane B

Good question.. I would assume answers will vary from user to user. It is proberly worth it if you want the peace of mind... A good case will really help instead.. Exactly how much is the apple care? $100+? How much is insurance thru your carrier? AT&T is $10 a month.

Really, it's your call..

..and how long is the process to have a new phone in your hands AFTER contacting your insurance VS. time it takes with Apple care...?

That might be a deal breaker..lol

Good question.. I would assume answers will vary from user to user. It is proberly worth it if you want the peace of mind... A good case will really help instead.. Exactly how much is the apple care? $100+? How much is insurance thru your carrier? AT&T is $10 a month.
ATT is $10 a month but has a $200 deductible. $10 a month for two years = $240 and with a $200 deductible. Applecare+ is $100. Extends warranty to two years and has up to two accidental replacements for $49 each. Only ATT advantage is the lost or stolen coverage. Applecare+ you get nothing. ATT you get a replacement phone (for $200).

Either one, like roulette or craps, is a house game, and the house always wins.