What's new

Apple Watch compatibility

lenjack

Reaction score
Which Apple Watch is compatible with the iphone 6, NOT the 6s, specifically the 6? I've seen conflicting info on this. Mine has the latest OS for the 6.
Thanks in advance...

My daughter uses an Apple Watch (1st generation) with an iPhone XS. It works without problems, she just can‘t update past watchOS 4.3.2.
So, in general, you should be able to use any Apple Watch with the iPhone 6. Just make sure there‘s no software version installed on the Apple Watch that‘s more recent than 5.3.7. There might be a more recent software for the AW compatible with devices running iOS 12x. You can update to it as soon as you get the watch.

I found out the hard way, that it wont work with a series 6. Was going to try a series 3, but I'm getting conflicting info, on this combo. Anyone else?

The Apple Watch 6 comes with watchOS 7 installed, so that won‘t work. More precisely: Every Apple Watch generation up to Series 4 can work with your iPhone. That excludes Series 5, SE and 6. They all came with an OS higher than 5 installed.

You will need an Apple Watch with a watchOS up to 5.3.7 installed, as stated before.