What's new

apple tv

vplc

Reaction score
There really isn't a place to post about apple tv on this forum, so i guess this place is as good as any. I just got an apple tv and i really like this thing. I've been using it with my aaxa m2 projector to get a bigger picture than my 26" tv. The M2 projector is supposedly capable of 100" picture, but i just play it on my wall for about a 60" picture. I also hook up ihome dock to the projector with a cable for external speakers. Streaming netflix through the apple tv is nothing other devices can't do, but watching movies is always better on a bigger screen.
I also like that i can watch youtube videos on something other than my iphone or computer. Youtube doesn't always look so good on a 60" screen though. The apple tv remote sucks, but with my iphone, i can use airplay to stream media from my phone to apple tv to my m2 projector or tv. The one thing I am not too stoked on is the content in the movies and tv section is all itunes content, which means it is pay content. The one saving grace I've found is that the apple tv can be jailbroken. The cool thing about this setup is that its portable, and i can have a mini HTS wherever i go with an internet connection. Here is a video showing the different functions of the apple tv. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hldV32zeMo]YouTube - apple tv functions on aaxa m2 projector[/ame]

wow that is awesome. thanks for that!