What's new

Apple TV to Include Siri and New iPhone Might Have 'Always On' Siri Mode [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
siri-icon.jpg

Here's a potentially exciting rumor as a lead up to Apple's big event. According to unnamed sources, Siri is figuring into Apple's plans in a big way. The rumor reveals that Siri will be available on the new Apple TV (which we have heard hints about previously), but we are also hearing reports that Siri will be enhanced on the new iPhone 6S and 6S Plus.

Supposedly, Apple plans to give Siri a new "always on" mode for the new iPhone. This will allow folks to bypass using the home button altogether. Could Siri be the way that Apple eventually removes the home button from the iPhone completely? It seems possible. What do you folks think of this rumor?

In less than an hour we will find out if it's true!

Source: Engadget

I've been wanting this ever since they introduced the 'Hey Siri' feature.

The only thing I'm worried about is sometimes Siri has thought I said Hey Siri (I remember one time I said "In theory"), and it activated Siri. Of course, Apple maybe just needs to update the software a bit to avoid this, which they may have already done.

I've been wanting this ever since they introduced the 'Hey Siri' feature.

The only thing I'm worried about is sometimes Siri has thought I said Hey Siri (I remember one time I said "In theory"), and it activated Siri. Of course, Apple maybe just needs to update the software a bit to avoid this, which they may have already done.
I remember the first time Siri activated by itself, It was really funny trying to work out where the voice was coming from.