What's new

Apple TV gets "no signal " on TV screen

Cajunhog

Reaction score
How can i correct the Apple TV? Shows no signal on TV. Did a reset with remote numerous times and hasn't helped. High quality HDMI cable. Worked fine for college football Sataurday. watched HBO movie Sunday night. Wouldn't work starting Monday night. Please help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disconnect from power and reconnect.

That might help. I suspect an HDMI timing issue.

Disconnect from power and reconnect.

That might help. I suspect an HDMI timing issue.

Tried that a few times but will attempt again when I get home. Thanks

Well it ended up being the HDMI cable. Never thought a cable that just basically sits there could go bad. On top of that , it's a higher end Monster HDMI cable. Learned my lesson. Always check the cable . Thanks for everyone's input

There's your problem. Monster is not "high end". It's just high price. HDMI is a digital system. It either works or it doesn't. I'm having good results with Amazon Basics cables amongst others that are a fraction of the price of Monster. Don't believe the hype.

There's your problem. Monster is not "high end". It's just high price. HDMI is a digital system. It either works or it doesn't. I'm having good results with Amazon Basics cables amongst others that are a fraction of the price of Monster. Don't believe the hype.

Thanks for the advice Kevin. I had an extra cheapo HDMI laying around and it works just as well as any other with the same quality.

l bet you we thinking of taking it back to Apple [emoji1]

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

l bet you we thinking of taking it back to Apple [emoji1]

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Absolutely correct! Had the cable swap not worked that was the next step. That or I was going to throw it through a window. Lol

Always, and I do mean ALWAYS, suspect cables first. Can't remember how many wires are in an HDMI cable. I think it's 17, each one with a flimsy connection to a terminator that rarely holds it secure. Most TVs make the situation worse by requiring the HDMI to be plugged in horizontally, putting even more pressure on the weakest point.

I've had cables fail that look to be in perfect condition; 30 pin, HDMI, Lightning, USB, you name it and there's probably an instance of a failure somewhere.

I recently sold an amplifier to a guy. 24 hours later, he was on the phone telling me it didn't work properly. I offered him his money back and picked it up. He took $50 less than he'd paid me for my inconvenience. Took it home, plugged it back into my system and its been working perfectly ever since. That guy spends more money on cables than most people spend on an entire system but couldn't get past the fact that one of his interconnects had failed.

Always, and I do mean ALWAYS, suspect cables first. Can't remember how many wires are in an HDMI cable. I think it's 17, each one with a flimsy connection to a terminator that rarely holds it secure. Most TVs make the situation worse by requiring the HDMI to be plugged in horizontally, putting even more pressure on the weakest point.

I've had cables fail that look to be in perfect condition; 30 pin, HDMI, Lightning, USB, you name it and there's probably an instance of a failure somewhere.

I recently sold an amplifier to a guy. 24 hours later, he was on the phone telling me it didn't work properly. I offered him his money back and picked it up. He took $50 less than he'd paid me for my inconvenience. Took it home, plugged it back into my system and its been working perfectly ever since. That guy spends more money on cables than most people spend on an entire system but couldn't get past the fact that one of his interconnects had failed.

Understand. I had no idea they so easily come apart/quit working . You are right about the angle on the TV HDMI ports. I suspect that is what caused mine to fail. It put where the cord part goes into the end of the HDMI cable in a bind. I guess from unplugging and moving the ATV to another room finally did it in over time.