What's new

Apple TV 4th Gen

Cajunhog

Reaction score
My Siri Remote for my Apple TV will not hear my commands when I hold the Mic button down to give Siri a command. I have tried all the fixes I've been able to find. Other than Siri my remote works fine. Anyone have an idea what is going on , how to resolve the issue with it ? Appreciate any advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's possible the microphone is not functioning. A defective microphone would be covered under the standard warranty. The Genius Bar at an Apple Store would be able to run tests on your Apple TV and the remote to see exactly what's wrong.

Thanks ! I will head to the Apple Store this weekend. Appreciate the tip [emoji106]

Pro tip: The siri function on ATV4 only works with Apple native apps.

The new update coming will be a little more flexible in terms of having siri work with other apps, but just in case you've noticed it's limited use right now.

Pro tip: The siri function on ATV4 only works with Apple native apps.

The new update coming will be a little more flexible in terms of having siri work with other apps, but just in case you've noticed it's limited use right now.
Understand what you are saying but that isn't the issue. It has worked properly since I purchased it then 2 nights ago stopped hearing my commands

My Siri Remote for my Apple TV will not hear my commands when I hold the Mic button down to give Siri a command. I have tried all the fixes I've been able to find. Other than Siri my remote works fine. Anyone have an idea what is going on , how to resolve the issue with it ? Appreciate any advice

Please come back and let us know what Apple say about your remote. I just been reading some customers comments on this product.

I never made it to the Apple Store, but I did submit the issue with my remote on the Apple forum and received a resolution that fixed the issue.

I had to go into settings and turn off "Zoom". I restarted my Apple TV after turning off zoom & immediately was able to use Siri again & also gained volume control back using my Apple TV Remote.

Nvidia shield is much better!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.