What's new

Apple releases first iPhone 5s TV spot, highlights the gold version

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score

We’ve seen Apple release the “Plastic Perfected" television ad for the iPhone 5c back in September, and now it's time for the iPhone 5s to get some TV time. After launching the first magazine ads for the iPhone 5s earlier this week, Apple has now premiered the first TV ad for the gold iPhone 5s, called "Metal Mastered".

The TV spot was first released during NFL games on Sunday, October 20, featuring the song "Ooh La La" by Goldfrapp (pun intended?) but no dialogue. Quite similar to the first iPhone 5c TV ad, this one also comes with the same morphing lines that materialize into the iPhone 5s. This time the impact is more powerful, as it depicts golden liquid metal and not polycarbonate.

However, we know that the iPhone 5s has been affected by tight supplies and that’s why the new television spot actually includes a "subject to availability" disclaimer at the end of the video. Apple has probably released the first TV ad trying to promote the iPhone 5c as that is the model that needs the most promotion it can get. Best Buy is one of the retailers that tries to do that, having discounted the smartphone by $50.

Still, the production for the iPhone 5c has been seriously cut, mainly because the iPhone 5s is outselling it 8:1 in China. On the other hand, the iPhone 5s, is currently the best selling smartphone at all the U.S carriers that have it in their offer. Recently, we’ve also found out that there was an internal nickname for the gold iPhone among Apple’s employess - "the Kardashian phone."

What do you think of the TV spot?

Source: Apple

Last edited by a moderator:
Why spend big $$$ on advertising a phone that's selling so well that they can't keep up with demand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Why spend big $$$ on advertising a phone that's selling so well that they can't keep up with demand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shortage of 5S is due to the Retina Display's demand not being met. I think Apple should reflect on their 5C idea and how it was a waste of Retina Displays that could've gone into 5S production.