What's new

Apple Makes iOS 8.2 Available for Download, Comes with Apple Watch Support

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
ios 8.2 apple watch.png

During its Spring Forward event from yesterday, Apple also announced that it is releasing the latest iOS 8.2 version which also comes with support for the smartwatch.

You can download the software over-the-air from your iOS device or from iTunes. iOS 8.2 is compatible with the following devices:

• iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s
  • Fifth-generation iPod touch
  • iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, fourth-gen iPad, iPad mini, third-gen iPad, and iPad 2
The changelog is quite detailed and here's how it looks like:

• Adds the ability to select the unit of measurement for body temperature, weight, height, distance, and blood glucose
  • Improves stability when dealing with large amounts of data
  • Includes the ability to add and visualise workout sessions from 3rd-party apps
  • Addresses an issue that may have prevented users from adding a photo in Medical ID
  • Fixes units for vitamins and minerals
  • Fixes an issue where Health data wouldn’t refresh after changes data source order
  • Fixes an issue where some graphics showed no data values
  • Adds a privacy setting that enables turning off tracking of steps, distance, and flights climbed
Stability Enhancements

• Increases stability of Mail
  • Improves stability of Flyover in Maps
  • Improves stability of Music
  • Improves VoiceOver reliability
  • Improves connectivity with Made for iPhone Hearing Aids
Bug Fixes

• Fixes an issue in Maps that prevented navigating to some favorite locations
  • Addresses an issue where the last word in a quick reply message wasn’t autocorrected
  • Fixes an issue where duplicate iTunes purchased content could prevent iCloud restore from completing
  • Resolves an issue where some music or playlists didn’t sync from iTunes to the Music app
  • Fixes an issue where deleted audiobooks sometimes remained on the device
  • Resolves an issue that could prevent call audio from routing to car speakers while using Siri Eyes Free
  • Fixes a Bluetooth calling issue where no audio is heard until the call is answered
  • Fixes a timezone issue where Calendar events appear in GMT
  • Addresses an issue that caused certain events in a custom reoccurring meeting to drop from Exchange calendar
  • Fixes an certificate error that prevented configuring an Exchange account behind a third-party gateway
  • Fixes an issue that could cause an organizer’s Exchange meeting notes to be overwritten
  • Resolves an issue that prevented some Calendar events from automatically showing as “busy” after accepting an invite.
Source: Apple

installed on my iPad and iPhone :) was a nice quick update, I thought it would take a while to download

Since I have no interest at all in the Watch, I hate they put a perm app on the phone I can't delete. That should have been optional to download. Especially since only about 5% of iPhone users strongly say they are buying the Watch. Already have it buried deep in a nested folder. :)

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

The only iPhone that doesn't get the Apple Watch app is the iPhone 4s as it can't be used with the Apple Watch.

Since I have no interest at all in the Watch, I hate they put a perm app on the phone I can't delete. That should have been optional to download. Especially since only about 5% of iPhone users strongly say they are buying the Watch. Already have it buried deep in a nested folder. :)

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Just another app that wont delete to add to the "unwanted" folder, such as stocks..etc, you can delete it if you jailbreak though using ssh

Its all you can do unfortunately, As has been said we should have been given the option to download it.

Downloaded on my iPad and iPhone without issue... iWatch app tucked away in my "extras" folder. ;)