What's new

Apple iPhone 6s Battery Usage (Not Showing)

ScyberMhaster

Reaction score
Good day!

I have an Apple iPhone 6s running iOS 11.0.3. I have used it for a two week now, since I bought it as used iPhone, but the Battery Usage is not showing. I've managed to have its battery replaced by a local repairman. I am just wondering, why the battery usage is not displaying?

It says 'Battery information will be available after using iPhone for a few minutes.'

I already did those:

Reset Content and Settings
Restore via iTunes
DFU Restore

I planned to get back to 10.3.3. Any opinions?

Last edited:
I hope you didn’t replace the battery just because the Usage Display wasn’t showing! It can be a little temperamental on some devices - sometimes showing, other times not.

I replaced the battery because the iPhone has already used up its battery and is on October 2015 batch.

I am afraid you can’t revert to IOS 10,3.3. Apple has stopped signing it.

Is that so, that's quite disappointing. I already planning to have its iOS downgrade this time, because I also experience not worthy battery performance in iOS11. My iPhone can have 5H maximum on Usage and 60H on Standby, what do you think? It is good?

Well, the reason why I tend to have it replaced by a local repairman is that, there is no PowerMac Center in my area, and I need to travel via Air to ge there (Apple),and, it's expensive.

Batteries are a touchy subject as there are so many being made that aren’t the real Ones made for the phone in the first place. The C rating and MAh may be way different even though they say it’s the same. The testing for these batteries is all over the place as far as QC is concerned. I wouldn’t let anyone but Apple replace a battery in any of my Apple products. Even if I had to wait. For the price of some of the phones these days, you can about buy a back up phone and send your main one in for repairs if need be. Lord knows I have about 2-3 extra phones laying around that would work for a little while if need be. Point is, don’t use just any Chinese or other battery that isn’t replaced by Apple or an Apple Store. JMHO. Hope you get your issue figured out and resolved. Good day.

I'm glad, after I changed the battery, the Battery Usage came back. It's weird, but it's okay now.

After I changed the battery, I DFU Restore the iPhone to 11.0.3, fully charged the phone and poof, it shows battery usage now.