What's new

Apple Installing LTE Equipment in Retail Stores

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
LTE_Apple_store.JPG

Engadget has a very interesting report today following on from the rumours that surfaced yesterday about Apple sending out an LTE phone to its carriers for testing. Now, according to today’s Engadget story, Apple is installing some 4G LTE equipment in one of its big stores. Engadget actually has pictures to back up its story, and it says that the equipment, which was being installed by AT&T, supports just the 700 MHz and AWS bands, which just happen to be what AT&T is planning to use for its LTE system provided the T-Mobile acquisition goes ahead. Also, and possibly related to this news, Engadget has word from its sources that all the Apple stores in the region where this equipment was installed are increasing staff by around 30 percent at the moment. As Engadget says, that’s not exactly solid proof that the next iPhone is imminent, but it could well be a suitable indication. And does the installation of the LTE equipment in the Apple Stores mean that this new iPhone might even be 4G LTE-enabled?! We can but wait and see, as ever!

Source: Why is LTE equipment being installed in an Apple Store? -- Engadget

This story actually makes me laugh. So they leave the equipment in after the trial and people start connecting to it in store. And as soon as they leave the LTE signal drops off and bam the buyer is no longer happy with their phone. Yeah, I don't see this turning out well for some reason.

Skull One said:
This story actually makes me laugh. So they leave the equipment in after the trial and people start connecting to it in store. And as soon as they leave the LTE signal drops off and bam the buyer is no longer happy with their phone. Yeah, I don't see this turning out well for some reason.

Yeah I could see it now....