What's new

Apple Could Sell 200 Million iPhones in 2013

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
8272-iphone-5-white.JPG

AppleInsider reports that according to Morgan Stanley analyst Katy Huberty, Apple could well be expected to sell more than 200 million iPhones in 2013. Huberty says that she has come to this conclusion after having met with one of Apple’s suppliers and distribution partners in Asia, and learning from her sources that suppliers and carriers alike are very enthusiastic about the iPhone 5. Huberty thinks that Apple will sell 25 million iPhones in the September quarter, which ends this week, and that in the December quarter Apple will go on to have a record-breaking pre-holiday period, with iPhone sales in excess of 50 million. And to those who think that is over the top, she actually says that she thinks this might even be too conservative an estimate, especially if the current component supply problems are resolved and Apple is actually able to fully meet customer demand.

Source: Apple on pace to sell 200 million iPhones in 2013

Don't know why, the quality of apple products have been going down hill fast.

Apple will easily deliver 40,000,000 phones in Q4. 50,000,000 might be pushing the capacity limits today. We shall see.

The quality is still an important standard. better quality leads to better sales, hope to see new record of iPhone 5 sales.

The latest report is that Apple has sold up to 15million Apple iphone 5 in the first week of its released.

enots27 said:
Don't know why, the quality of apple products have been going down hill fast.

Do you have some specific examples of what you consider the declining quality of Apple products?

scifan57 said:
Do you have some specific examples of what you consider the declining quality of Apple products?

The apple of old built beautiful computers that were built to last. I have a perfectly working iMac g3. Since then I have had 4 MacBook pros. 2 iMacs and am on my second iPhone 4. All MacBook pros failed with either processor or gpu problems. Both new iMacs now fail to power and my first iPhone 4 got sent back as faulty and was replaced with a new one which is now faulty with other problem it crashes all the time.

Before anyone says anything I have an OCD when it comes to my technology and I like to keep things safe and undamaged in anyway even the slightest scratch winds me up rotten.

I agree apples products do look beautiful but internally unreliable. Can't see myself buying anymore apple products which I am gutted about cos I used to be the first to defend apple to all the Microsoft fanboys.

enots27 said:
The apple of old built beautiful computers that were built to last. I have a perfectly working iMac g3. Since then I have had 4 MacBook pros. 2 iMacs and am on my second iPhone 4. All MacBook pros failed with either processor or gpu problems. Both new iMacs now fail to power and my first iPhone 4 got sent back as faulty and was replaced with a new one which is now faulty with other problem it crashes all the time.

Before anyone says anything I have an OCD when it comes to my technology and I like to keep things safe and undamaged in anyway even the slightest scratch winds me up rotten.

I agree apples products do look beautiful but internally unreliable. Can't see myself buying anymore apple products which I am gutted about cos I used to be the first to defend apple to all the Microsoft fanboys.

The facts just do not agree with you in terms of return rates and failure rates which are lower than for other devices and have not risen over the years.

Either you have been very unlucky with your devices or somehow causing issues. I myself bought a MacBook pro with a non working wifi but I consider that just luck. It was replaced by apple in a store a thousand miles away.