What's new

Apple Could be Working on a new 4-inch iPhone Model for Next Year

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
iphone-line-1024x398.png

This year, Apple has finally announced the much-rumored bigger-sized new iPhones, but it seems that the company has not abandoned all plans for 'smaller' versions. A fresh report from Asia has revealed that the Cupertino-based giant could add a 4-inch iPhone model in its 2015 line-up, as reported by GforGames.

If this unexpected move becomes real, then it would bring one-handed usability back to the iPhone line, which is soemthing that Apple frequently touted in previous years, but abandoned when it introduced the new 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and 5.5-inch 6 Plus. This could be the perfect moment to launch a budget iPhone, but we'll see what will Apple decide.

Apple still has a 4-inch model in the 5s that should be around through at least 2016, but maybe the company is preparing some surprises.

Source: GforGames

That would be fine with me. I'm happy with the size of my 5s. But just because it's smaller doesn't mean that it would be a "budget" model.

This is great news! Returning to a normal sized 4" phone would be great as long as it's not a cheap budget phone. I loved my i4 but had to upgrade since work supplies my phone. I got a new i6 and really don't care for it at all. It's just too big for what it is...

I loved the size of my 5s and wish they'd consider it. I do love the newer features of the 6 however, it's just hard for me to get used to the larger size when in my pocket. I love the width of the I6, but wish it was the same length as the 5s.

I loved the size of my 5s and wish they'd consider it. I do love the newer features of the 6 however, it's just hard for me to get used to the larger size when in my pocket. I love the width of the I6, but wish it was the same length as the 5s.
The smaller iPhones are certainly easier to use one handed.

This is great news! Returning to a normal sized 4" phone would be great as long as it's not a cheap budget phone. I loved my i4 but had to upgrade since work supplies my phone. I got a new i6 and really don't care for it at all. It's just too big for what it is...
i feel whether aplple is launching iphone 6 or 7 in near future, the only difference they can made is of size only and nothing else.

i feel whether aplple is launching iphone 6 or 7 in near future, the only difference they can made is of size only and nothing else.
No there are several things that can be improved upon, such as higher pixel density in the camera, improvements in battery life, processor speed and more. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with my iPhone 5c right now, just that there is always room for improvements.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk