What's new

Apple Announces Biggest Ever iWork Redesign

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iWorks_2013.PNG

At today’s Apple iPad Special Event in San Francisco, senior vice president of Internet Software and Services, Eddy Cue, announced the biggest redesign ever for its iWork productivity suite for both OS X and iOS.

All apps have been updated to 64-bit, have iCloud integration and are also now completely free when purchasing a new Mac or iOS device.

The new iWork suite for Mac and iOS, comprising Pages, Numbers and Keynote, is designed to make creating, editing and sharing documents easier than ever before. The suite has a new, unified file format, meaning total document fidelity across Mac, iOS and iCloud; the iWork for iCloud beta also now has support for real-time collaboration. Essentially, this means that you can create a document on iPad, edit on a Mac, and work on it with your friends or colleagues in iWork for iCloud, even if those friends are using a PC.

If you watched today's presentation, you will have seen just how easy it was for multiple people to work together on the same project. Very impressive!

iWork for iOS is available for free from the App Store for any new device that runs iOS7, or as free updates for existing users.

Source: Apple

I thought IWork was being offered for free with iOS 7? Or am I thinking of something else

I thought IWork was being offered for free with iOS 7? Or am I thinking of something else
Only if you purchased a qualifying product after the introduction of iOS 7. For devices you already own, the iWork apps are still paid apps. This is what is shown in the AppStore on my iPad 4, which I purchased this past spring.

$image-3889623894.jpg

Last edited:
Awh okay, that's the same on my iPhone 5, just thought all would be given for free on iOS 7, knew it had to be too good to be true haha! Thanks for the reply

I LOVE that you can now add passwords to your docs in Pages. This is especially useful when you edit them on your iPad and / or iPhone. ;)

Sent from my Black WiFi Only 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD