What's new

Apple Announces Battery Replacement Program for iPhone 6s Units That Keep Shutting Down

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple replacing batteries in iPhone 6s units that keep turning off.JPG

MacRumors reports that Apple has announced a battery replacement program for a small number of iPhone 6s units that keep shutting down unexpectedly. The only phones that are affected are those with a “limited serial number range that were manufactured between September and October 2015” explained Apple when announcing the program. Apple says that it is not a safety issue, and asks anyone who is experiencing these problems on their iPhone 6s to take it to either an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider in order to have their device's serial number checked to confirm that it is eligible for a free battery replacement.

Apple has also said that if the eligible phone happens to have other problems, such as a crack in the screen, that might affect the battery replacement process, they must be repaired first at the owner’s expense before the battery is replaced.

Source: Apple Launches Repair Program for iPhone 6s Devices Experiencing Unexpected Shutdowns

Didn't know about this until today when my phone kept dying over the last few days. Contacted apple and they said my serial is affected . Even though my warranty is running out today they are still going to replace. Although I think a lot of people are affected they are on some sort of back log and don't have anything available until after 5th December