What's new

App Store & ITunes Gift Card

Oblak

Reaction score
Hello,
My daughter has the iphone bought in Canada. Now, she is in Cuba with the phone and she wants to buy stuff from the Apple Store, but they do not sell App Store & ITunes Gift cards in Cuba. How can I help her? I am in Canada and never ever used that kind of gift cards. Sending a card by mail most likely will never get to her. If there is any possibilities, please describe the process step by step. I have an iPhone 5 that I hardly use and do not know much about. If not here, where else can I look for helpI?
Thanks a lot!

Canadian iTunes and App Store gift cards will only work with a Canadian Apple ID shipping address and Canadian payment method.
You can email her the redemption code from the gift cards to enter manually. It would be much faster than mailing the cards and prevent them from being stolen in the mail.
If she was using the App Store in Canada before she left for Cuba she could use the payment details she had then.

Thank you, scifan57!
Hello scifan57!
Thank you very, very much! I never used the Apple Store gift card and the whole process is unknown to me. I am confused and I am afraid I will ask you for additional help, if you do not mind.
"Canadian iTunes and App Store gift cards will only work with a Canadian Apple ID shipping address and Canadian payment method" - I am buying the card from Walmart store in Canada, so no shipping address (will be used) and the payment method is cash. She has my Apple ID (for my iMac and the iPhone5 and iPad). Me or her never used the Apple Store in Canada ever. Now, she wants to buy stuff for some game she plays. If in my Apple ID or iTunes account is an address, then that is my address in Canada. Sorry, I do not know if I am giving you the right information. So, do you think if I buy the card and email her the redemption code (is that a code in the card?) is all that I have to do? Your help is much appreciated! My stupidity is fully exposed, but I am doing it for my daughter and have to accept the shameful situation I got into. Thank you for the bottom of my heart!

The shipping address is where what you buy from the Apple online store would be shipped. Peel off the sticker on the back of the card and send her the redemption code. If she logs in with your Apple ID and password she could redeem the code. If you scroll all the way to the bottom of the opening page there is a redeem button. Tap it and follow the directions.