What's new

App downloaded but later I was notified that payment method denied

phoneblahs

Reaction score
I purchased an app the other day after trying its free version. The paid app downloaded onto my phone, but the next day when I tried to buy another app I got a notification that there was a problem with the payment of a previous app purchase. So the app is on my phone already. But it actually isn't very good and I don't want it. So my question is, if I delete it off my phone (I haven't synced to my computer or iCloud) is it gone forever and I won't be charged for it when I get around to checking my iTunes account and seeing what is wrong with my payment method?
I would hate to delete it and then get charged for it later when I get the billing worked out.

I purchased an app the other day after trying its free version. The paid app downloaded onto my phone, but the next day when I tried to buy another app I got a notification that there was a problem with the payment of a previous app purchase. So the app is on my phone already. But it actually isn't very good and I don't want it. So my question is, if I delete it off my phone (I haven't synced to my computer or iCloud) is it gone forever and I won't be charged for it when I get around to checking my iTunes account and seeing what is wrong with my payment method?
I would hate to delete it and then get charged for it later when I get the billing worked out.
i think you should contact Apple and explain what has happened,that way you won't have any more problems with future purchases.

Lets lay down the ground rules that Apple uses.

1) Anything you successfully buy, will be on your account for life.
2) Free is still buying in Apple's system.
3) Anything on your account can be download for free again without any charges or check for charges occurring.

So even if you hate the program and delete it today. You then find out a year later a patch came out that fixed your complaint, you can still download it for free.

As for the billing issue. I would solve that ASAP.

Thx. It says I have to use my iTunes on computer. I'm traveling so only have iPhone and iPad with me. It says it won't accept PayPal. I've had that billing problem a lot. Maybe because I'm out of the country a lot?

Thx. It says I have to use my iTunes on computer. I'm traveling so only have iPhone and iPad with me. It says it won't accept PayPal. I've had that billing problem a lot. Maybe because I'm out of the country a lot?

I use PayPal for my account. But with Best Buy and Walmart both doing sales of iTunes gift cards for 20% off recently, I would highly recommend you start buying those and load them on to your account. It would provide you with two big benefits.

1) Apple will deduct the cost against the iTunes gift card without having to check where you are.
2) You will only pay 79 cents for a 99 cent game.

Can't argue with being cheap :)

I use PayPal for my account. But with Best Buy and Walmart both doing sales of iTunes gift cards for 20% off recently, I would highly recommend you start buying those and load them on to your account. It would provide you with two big benefits.

1) Apple will deduct the cost against the iTunes gift card without having to check where you are.
2) You will only pay 79 cents for a 99 cent game.

Can't argue with being cheap :)
i use iTunes cards now just for the safety factor,no bank details online.

I wish I could remove my PayPal account but Apple won't use iTunes gift cards to pay for the iOS developer program. :(