What's new

Any hacks/mods for inductive charging on iPhone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have doubt, can we hack a solar panel to the back of our phones instead and leave it in the sun to charge?
I'm not sure I'd want to leave my phone in direct sunlight for extended periods, that will heat the phone and heat reduces the life of lithium batteries.

That was kind of my position, I'm not concerned about getting four years out of my iPhone – I am looking at developing a product that is more user-friendly than the product in the original link I posted… That can be used with a major case manufacturer… That would be similar to the link that I posted that was pulled. I appreciate everyone's perspective. Accessories is a multibillion dollar industry, certainly not everyone is interested in every sector of the category-cases, holsters, screen protectors, bling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right, all iPhone battery are came in warranty, so nothing to worry.
The iPhone comes with a one-year warranty, which can be extended to two years. An iPhone's battery will last way longer if you treat it right, that's what most people care about. There's no warranty after two years, so for most of us a reason to worry about the temperature.
Most of us can't afford a new device every time the one we're using fails.

In addition to what has been said we should take care of our expensive devices, Quite a lot of people sell their Apple devices when new ones are released so it makes perfect sense to protect that resale value.

If an iPhone battery fails because of the repeated abuse of being used outside safe operating limits, Apple will not replace it under warranty.

Apple considers damage caused by operating the iPhone outside safe operating temperatures to be accidental damage, not covered under the standard warranty.

iPhones are too expensive for most users to treat them as disposable, replacing them whenever they fail.

Last edited:
"This Warranty does not apply: (a) to consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings that are designed to diminish over time, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (b) to cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports; (c) to damage caused by use with another product; (d) to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or other external cause; (e) to damage caused by operating the Apple Product outside Apple’s published guidelines; (f) to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider (“AASP”); (g) to an Apple Product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of Apple; (h) to defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the Apple Product, or if any serial number has been removed or defaced from the Apple Product."
So don't count on that warranty replacement if you abuse the battery.

Also, JA is right. I overuse my iPhone so the last month when I was at the Apple Store, I had a diagnostic run on my iPhone. After 14 months of heavy use, the battery was at 88% of its lifespan. I am guessing Apple doesn't plan on replacing a lot of those batteries at their cost.

I'm not sure I'd want to leave my phone in direct sunlight for extended periods, that will heat the phone and heat reduces the life of lithium batteries.
Wouldn't there be a wire? Only the solar panel requires sunlight.

Well, this discussion started with someone's desire to not have to plug in to charge. And if you are going to plug in, why complicate things or add expense.

So you keep the phone for 3 or 4 years with you? dont you changed it? with new one?
I keep it for a few years. I had an SGS 1 for 4 years, e.g., and it was still working.

If you have read bear7962's post, you know that batteries are not included in the warranty.

I think this thread has run its course and therefore it is closed.
Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.