What's new

Any hacks/mods for inductive charging on iPhone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfclay

Reaction score
I was curious if anyone had seen something like this used with an otterbox or similar case.
48688fa7ac8da6402f0e6f8ed8010804.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before I used anything like that I'd check with Apple to see if it's approved. I notice that the ad doesn't have the official made for iPhone logo that all authorized third party accessories use.

Come on now scifan87... Is it really going to be approved?[emoji6]

Come on now scifan87... Is it really going to be approved?[emoji6]

My point was that if you use unapproved accessories they may work perfectly but if they don't and they cause problems, your warranty is void.

Warranty schmarranty- I'm not that person.

Apart from the warranty, using it is not as easy as it might seem. The lightning port would be blocked constantly. It you wish to connect the iPhone to the car and play music, or use the lightning port another way, you'd have to remove the case and unplug the wireless charger. While charging, the radius where you can work with your iPhone will be very limited. This means you'd have to be very close to the counterpart that's charging your device.
Also, it looks like the wireless charger above (cfclay) doesn't use Apple's lightning standard. There could be other negative effects as well, besides voiding the warranty, using this maybe even dangerous.

I personally only use wireless charging on phones with it built in like my Nexus 6 and S6 Edge +..the case option is not bad for iPhone 6s Plus as I charge only overnight since this phone goes all day easily

6s plus Tapatalk

Please be more respectful in how you reply to a Moderator who is going to the trouble of giving you good advice.

No disrespect meant. I was merely commenting that I was not the kind of consumer that cared about the warranty.

I can't speak for the rest of the forum and their experiences, but I have spent over $25,000 with my provider. I'll get another iPhone if this one fails. That I know.

I bought of the first solar external battery packs available at mass retail by schosche and it wasn't that great. [emoji852]️. One my co workers saw it and bought one to take on a military deployment out in the field and he had similar results, or lack there of.

Anyways- I started this thread after reading about a kick starter project. We will see how the Kickstarter project turns out. I like the idea- Would just rather have a modification of my own.

No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought of the first solar external battery packs available at mass retail by schosche and it wasn't that great. [emoji852]️. One my co workers saw it and bought one to take on a military deployment out in the field and he had similar results, or lack there of.

Anyways- I started this thread after reading about a kick starter project. We will see how the Kickstarter project turns out. I like the idea- Would just rather have a modification of my own.

No External Links

Posting about, and linking to, Kickstarter projects is not allowed in our forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.