What's new

Anti virus software

brucekendall52

Reaction score
Hi To All
Thankyou for the welcome.I'm new to this forum as well as the Iphone enviroment.I've had my phone for about 5 weeks and love it.The only thing that concerns me is do we require suitable anti virus software and if so what are the recommendations.I tried to do a search but have not found suitable answers.Please forgive me if I have not searched properly.Please advise.

Welcome...

There is a firewall availible for the iPhone but it requires you to jailbreak it first. I've had iPhones for over three years and never used any anti virus...

Thanks gaz for the reply,hopefully I dont need anti virus.Maybe others can add there comments to support this argument as I feel its quite relevant in this modern world of digital communication.

The only hacks I've heard of for the iPhone was to do with people leaving open ssh on and not changing the default access password. Lucky the person that found/used the hack only used it to send messages to the owners telling them that they have been hacked and how to prevent it in future.

There was a SMS hack but apple quickly patched it. The iOS seems to be a very secure operating system as far as viruses go. If any are found apple can quickly patch them with an updated firmware...