What's new

Android Tablet Does Not See Hotspot

Scottysize

Reaction score
Before you get mad at me, I've tried searching several times, and yes, I've tried Google. No help on any account. Does anyone know why my Android devices do not see my Verizon iPhone 5 Hotspot? My Macbook Pro sees and uses it just fine. I found something about Ad Hoc not being on Jelly Bean. Does that sound like the issue? I figured I'd ask the iPhone experts.

Thanks!

And yes, I am able to connect via Bluetooth. No, that doesn't work for me. I'm getting just a bit faster than dial-up speeds connected via BT.

hey man - so you ditched the razr lineup for the iphone eh? :) (jntdroid here)

Yes I did. I'm assuming you did too? I couldn't take the lag and week signal that I was getting with JB any longer.

The hotspot thing sucks. I went out and picked up an iPad mini today since my Nexus 7 no longer works. Oh well. I guess I'm all in. No more Android for me.

Yes I did. I'm assuming you did too? I couldn't take the lag and week signal that I was getting with JB any longer.

The hotspot thing sucks. I went out and picked up an iPad mini today since my Nexus 7 no longer works. Oh well. I guess I'm all in. No more Android for me.

Yeah, came from an S4 though - but for somewhat different reasons. Loved 'em both, but the iOS stuff keeps me more connected with my family, and in a much easier fashion. Plus, as you said in another thread I believe, it's simply a very sleek, smooth, and "just works" OS - stays out of my way much more than Android... or maybe I just don't tinker with it as much. ;)

It's weird the N7 couldn't connect. I actually REALLY like the Mini - even had it alongside the last couple of Android devices I had. We're on a tiered plan with VZW now, so I bit the bullet and found an LTE version - an extra $10/month and the Mini becomes MUCH more useful on a regular basis on our data plan... plus it has great battery life and makes a great hotspot! :)

If you're all in now, I've got one recommendation if you're able - fork over $100 for Apple TV. AirPlay is second to none - we do so many pics/vids of the kiddos that being able to see that stuff so easily on our TV alone is worth the cost to me - and of course being able to mirror or stream just about anything is great as well (less Amazon Prime...). And obviously there's great integration with iTunes, iTunes Radio, iTunes Match, etc. The $100 we spent on the Apple TV box probably added more value to our "iOS system" than anything else, at least in our family's situation.

Last edited:
I've had an Apple TV since it first came out. LOL I use it to watch Netflix in the bedroom. Also a little YouTube for my subscribed channels. Haven't really messed with the iOS interface from gadget to gadget.