What's new

Android .ogg to M4r ringtones problem

Icarium20

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Presently unemployed and for present of sorts have just been given an old iPhone 6s which I'm trying to get used to. One week so far and every day finding out things. sliding left/right etc was yesterday's advent door. The lack of a back button is a real loss from android which been using so long, as is the ability for the phone to recognise when your on your home server so it deactivates the lock features automatically for you. Yes security is security but my house isn't broken into every day in fact never so far {touch wood} so don't like to be forever changing lock time. Those are bugs or a pain so far, but no doubt compensation will come, albeit consider the back button ought to be top priority upgrade.

What I'm missing most though is my ringtone and notification beep. I have been on android all my life, lost original HTC desire ringtones, and then got Samsung phone 12/13 years ago. Now very used to and attuned to these Samsung original tones. They're so bad nobody else I know uses them which is great. Understand the problems involved and managed to get a download that was able to open up the phone to extract the 3 tones which I want to use on the iPhone, which I now have saved as .ogg files on my gdrive. Have tried numerous free downloads to try to convert .ogg to M4r but without success, either because free download trial was a blind mans bluff of pay now or basically the download didn't do what it suggested it would.

So I have either 2 tones of 30 secs and 1 sec or the 3rd 15 secs which I want to export to my iPhone without having to pay £60 charge for a programme which in all likelihood I'll never use again. I don't mind paying a small fee to someone who can convert them for me, that's fair and proper or if someone knows a program to download which can do the task. I have tried a lot and the best I had was 'imyfone' but two mistakes and misinterpretation closed that option of 5 tries only.

Hopefully someone can assist as been on this one since Thursday and my shoulders are aching huge.:(

thanks

Are you looking for a desktop app to perform the conversions? You don't say if yo have a Mac or a PC if that's what you are after. Also, if you try a Google search with the following 'convert ogg to m4r online' there would appear to be any number of sites that will perform free online conversions for you. Not tried any of these sites myself, and some appear to have size limitations (how big are you .ogg files?), but I would think they might be worth a shot.

Thanks for reply.

Will give it a go later at home.. I'm using a windows 10 pc. The iTunes I downloaded is a newer version which hides ringtones apparently, so no good. Why would Apple do that ?

Id need to check size but wouldn't think they would warrant a limitation. edit 486,260 & 26 kb

By and by anyone tried or know what the absolute translator advertised here does?

will come back soonest

Last edited: