What's new

Android convert! Please help or point me in the right direction

Mshawnbauer

Reaction score
Have had android phones since they landed, starting with the original Motorola droid, slider phone. My computers are all apple, I have iPads so the switch was inevitable. Just got home with the iphone 5s and am in the process of setting it up. Couple mom mediate things, first off, I have 2 gmail accounts, can I have a separate notification doing for each one? If so please advise, second, I have always used "Zedge" for all my notification sounds and wallpaper stuff, when I went to download ringtones it keeps telling.me to use "tonesync" how/where can I find it and use it? Any other tips a former android user can share? Thanks in advance!

Also, no notification light correct? Is there a haptic feedback option for the keyboard? Thanks again!

Have had android phones since they landed, starting with the original Motorola droid, slider phone. My computers are all apple, I have iPads so the switch was inevitable. Just got home with the iphone 5s and am in the process of setting it up. Couple mom mediate things, first off, I have 2 gmail accounts, can I have a separate notification doing for each one? If so please advise, second, I have always used "Zedge" for all my notification sounds and wallpaper stuff, when I went to download ringtones it keeps telling.me to use "tonesync" how/where can I find it and use it? Any other tips a former android user can share? Thanks in advance!
For notifications, go to Settings>Notifications>Mail> then select an account and set it how you want it. Then do the other account. You can also use the VIP for...well VIP. I use it for family in my contacts, and is the only email I get a badge for. Explore your settings. Alert sounds are there. The only light would be in accessibility. You can use the flash for an alert.

Also see what format your alert "Zedge" is in. Convert it into an AAC (should be able to in iTunes on the Mac) then change the extension from .m4a to .m4r, pull it into iTunes by dragging it onto the top section in the left side bar where it will go into the tones section. You can then drag it to the devices section (below where you pulled it into iTunes) from the Tones section and it will go to your 5s when it syncs.

Thanks! Do you recommend I just go through the native email ap or download the gmail ap? Right now I have the gmail ap. Is there a site similiar to "Zedge" that is easier to work with than Zedge? I like to download ringtones and sounds with out having to sync up to my imac... Thank you again!

Go back tou android lol. Iphone has too much limitations

Sent from Xperia Z

lol, I have been on the fence about this for months, I'm not looking back! Every other computer, tablet, laptop is apple and so far, despite my set up confusion, I love the way they all interact! I HATED android when I first got it, but know these platform changes take a week or so to adjust to.

You can make your own ringtones from music files with iTunes on your Mac too

I think android devices are more convenient and are connected to not only other android devices but other operating systems too! Apple devices are great. But as a smartphone, iphone doesn't get the work done fr me.

Sent from Xperia Z

Well for me it should have all of what I need. What I don't understand is why your here (on iphone forums) since you clearly do not like the iphone?

I've had two iPhones in the past and many android devices. I always ended up back on android cause iPhone just wasn't cutting it . But I do like them both.

I recently left my samsung galaxy note 2 (it was just getting to be too large) for the iPhone 5s gold , phone arrived Friday to be exact! I am getting used to it again , and so far I'm really loving it. I cannot say whether I'll stick to iPhone for the future but right now it fits !

Only thing I miss is swype!! This typing thing is for the birds lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold on Tapatalk