What's new

Amazing iPhone 4 video quality. Music video shot with iPhone

The Turnback

Reaction score
Greetings,

I recently finished shooting a music video in support of my feature film DRAWING WITH CHALK and shot with the iPhone 4. All footage except the clips from the film were shot with one iPhone 4 with someone who never used an iPhone before).

I cannot post the link since I just signed up, but do a search on YouTube for "Beyond Belief by The Turnback" and check it out. Once I've posted more in the future I'll try to put up a direct link.

I shot my film with the Panasonic HVX200 (720 24p) and I have to say that I'm very impressed with the quality of the iPhone 4!

I edited in Final Cut Pro in the iPhone 4 native format and, again, was very pleased how it handled effects processing (though I do wish the YouTube compression for the fade outs where a bit better). I placed the footage in a FCP 23.98 cineform sequence (the format my film is in; I never re-encoded the iPhone footage or converted it separately from 30fps to 23.98). Plus I used the native iPhone camera app.

I definitely don't want to come across as just a guy trying to 'sell' his music or movie but I just have to share how impressive I was about the iPhone 4 video. Even when shown on a large 90" screen the footage is sharp and detailed (and very pleasant to the eye).

Please comment and share the video.

Todd

Thanks!

Actually we shot all of the band footage in 1 day (2 hours in the first location and 1 hour in the second). We shot last Sunday and I had it edited by Tuesday.

For the shoot we ran through the song about 15 times at location 1 and 10 times at location 2 (straight through).

I really do hope there is more videos to come (we have to hope this one finds it's audience).

Todd

We will also have other songs available soon (and I do plan on a few other videos via the iPhone; possibly live recordings).

Todd