What's new

alternative to Backboard??

bosox20

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an alternative to the tweak "Backboard"? this app just doesn't work, especially on iso5. it just doesn't let you save new themes, and the ones it does happen to save, next time I go into app they are all gone?? anything else out there save your themes so you don't have to re-arrange and set up everything again when you change them??

I am eagerly awaiting an answer to this question too. Backboard was working fine analyst for an even for a period in iOS 5 until I added perpage HTML. Then whole themes started disappearing from the save window in backboard. Which I'm sure you've experienced by now. If you can live without per page HTML you should be okay. As I was. We really need to start a write in campaign to Wynd, the creators of backboard, and ask them to get this ready for iOS 5. Two weeks ago I started a thread just like this one a few weeks ago and the answers I got were that there sadly really is no other app out there as comprehensive as what backboard does. Wish I had better news.

Thanks. This stinks. It won't even let me save a theme anymore. I need per page HTML so I guess we wait until it runs better for os5. Ugh

Yeah.. I actually got introduced to BackBoard AFTER upgrading to 5. And it worked BEAUTIFULLY for weeks. As soon as I fell in love with Blue's "Pages" theme and downloaded PPHTML and Iconoclasm and Springtomize2+ everything started getting weird. Eventually one day - it lost ALL my saves entirely - just opened it one day and ALL GONE.. How horrible.. Scores of hours of work gone. I felt like sueing someone - but it is Jailbreaking after all!! :)..

Then it would save a theme but only if I started using the name "theme" as the first 5 letters. But it wouldn't remember icon position which is mainly what "we" need playing with different themes. I couldn't find any website or email for Wynd, the company who created it. Some of us compulsive theme tweakers and daily changers of theme are dead in the water without BackBoard. Maybe it'll wean us off our compulsion. I co-miserate with you, friend. Please, Wynd, update BackBoard... :)

Last edited:
I know, right? there are so many great tweaks out there I'm amazing some of these great developers havent come up with an app that will accomplish this task.. I rarely upgrade a theme unless its an amazing upgrade because I simply don't want to have to set it all up again..I just keep ignoring the upgrade and that gets annoying also :) I guess we wait....