What's new

Almost ready

Maike

Reaction score
Hi there. After being a Blackberry user for years, I am almost ready to switch to the iPhone 4S. I waited this long because Verizon's previous iPhone models did not work in Europe, and I didn't want to change providers. What is the best way to ask an application related question?

Hi to the UK!

I am trying to find an application that would allow me to apply distinctive notification tones to particular contacts, most important, to email contacts, so that when I receive an email for example from my brother, I know it's from him without even looking at my phone.

I found an app in the iTunes store called MailTones, that offers distinctive custom notification tones for different contacts - but it requires the emails to be forwarded to a "shadow server" that sorts the emails and then sends them back to me with the selected notification tones. I do NOT want that.

I found another app, called eNotify, that seems to be doing exactly what I want it to do App Store - eNotify however, it does not have very good ratings.

Do you have any advice for me? Not sure if this makes a difference, but I am located in the USA.

Cheers!

Last edited: