What's new

Alert and Sounds not working

coronetrt

Reaction score
Have a iphone 4 running 5.0.1, jailbroken. I still use a BB for use as a phone, email and text tool for one reason, I can have separate profiles for when certain people text me I know it is them and I have separate email vibrations for each email account. Having said that I am tired of paying for two phones. I tried giving different tones to contacts and changing the default text alert. Nothing changes. I set to "alert" and I keep getting the “ding”. The text stays on swosh no matter what I do. I can't seem to figure this out. I am good with the iphone but have never really used it as an email or text tool. Any ideas?

For different sounds for each contact, go to your Contacts app. Select a person for whom you want a specific text sound and press the Edit button on the top right.

Halfway down the screen, you'll see two lines, "ringtone" and "text tone." Pressing either of those lines will give you the opportunity to pick the tone you wish for that person.

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn,

Thanks for the response. I have done that and it still gives me the swoosh. I have put a "tweet" on for my BB so that I could test it.