What's new

Aggevated more than ever with iTunes

xrayeyes

Reaction score
Knowing I was supposed to receive my new iPhone 8 today, I backed up my older iPhone 6 to iTunes on my Mac. Before I did that I deleted a bunch of apps taking up space but had little needed data. Also cleaned up pics and messages, etc. I DID realize the other day that the new iTunes upgrade took apps off, but I didn’t realize what a PIA it would be to redownload apps I use. There is no evidence of previous purchases that I can find. You have to find each app in the search function and use the download cloud. Luckily I had written down most of the apps I wanted to reinstall.

THEN.....THEN.....THEN, I do the restore from backup and notice happily all my settings, messages, emails are there BUT my custom ringtones are GONE! And so I go to find them on iTunes and they are GONE. GONE I TELL YOU!!! Aaarrrrggghhhh! The Tones tab is still there on the sidebar but the ringtones are gone and the ability to sync them in summary is gone.

I am not happy with Apple at the moment, can u tell?! Apparently they took Tones and Apps off iTunes with the update a few weeks ago. Sigh.....

If you will go to settings, sounds and haptics, you will find the tones and download all purchased tones. Top of the screen. Here is a screen shot. So you don’t have to go to iTunes to get your ringtones back. Here is the screen shot of what I am speaking of. Hope this helps.
IMG_2836.JPG

I found this under
Settings,
Sounds and Haptics,
Then click on Ringtones and scroll all the way to the top of the screen. There you will find your ringtones or be able to get to them I would think. Again, hope this helps. Good luck. Hope you get it resolved. Good day.

Thanks 933. I had already tried that and no joy. But, the main issue is that they aren't in iTunes anymore. And not available to sync. These are not purchased tunes, just some I had created. I was able to get one to drag and drop onto my iTunes. I'm going to work on the others.