What's new

After updating to iOS 10.0.1

tim56

Reaction score
Hi
Is anyone besides me having problems with this after updating to iOS 10.0.1. I have to tap on the home button hit a long time before my pass code window comes up for me type in the password. And I like Using pass code feature. So no one can snoop on my phone without knowing the passcode. Is there anyway to fix this so I can just hit once and it will come up? Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure I understand. Are you using fingerprint sensor? Have you turned off Siri?

Are you tapping the home button or pressing it? Tapping it operates my fingerprint sensor, but it requires a definite press to open. Holding it too long invokes Siri.

By the way, you can change the behaviour of the home button in Settings/General/Accessibility/Home Button.

Check Rest Finger To Open and there will be no need to actually press the button.

Hi KevinJS I am tapping on the home button. That's what tells me to bring it up passcode window.

If you don't use the fingerprint sensor, you tap the Home button once to wake up the iPhone, and then a second time to show the passcode screen.

Hi J.A. Thank you I will try that

The last up date I had is 10.0.2 and my phone just started to do the same thing your phone is. I have to press my home button sometimes 5 or 6 times to get to the lock screen or home screen. No option to swipe anymore. I unlocked my phone because I am fed up and I'm still having issues.

Other issues are camera is freezing when trying to take a pic. Apps not opening, mic not working to use voice to text.

After the update I have noticed: my phone freezes a lot and then crashes -something that NEVER happened prior to the update
* pages works whenever it feels, not when I want. I can see my documents, but when I press to open them, I'll get a message which tells me it cannot open this document.
* other apps crash too
I'm sure Apple is aware and are busy working on a resolution to this and all the other issues customers are experiencing after the update. I just wish they would hurry.

Sometimes older devices struggle with newer IOS's. Restoring a device via iTunes can improve things in some cases.

Only the camera it glitch and I have to slide to video than back and it works