What's new

add a source on cydia

hellrazr209

Reaction score
just wondering, should i always add a source when downloading something from cydia, and what is the reason for it? cant i just search for what i want and get it that way?

hellrazr209 said:
just wondering, should i always add a source when downloading something from cydia, and what is the reason for it? cant i just search for what i want and get it that way?

Well if you dont add the source Where the "something" is, how are you going to find it? :)

Its like saying you want to find the Apple catalogue in a website where apple is not listed :)

Very rarely, if ever, will you need to add a source to Cydia. All of the major releases of any app/tweak/theme will be available on the default repos included with Cydia. The only thing outside sources are used for is piracy(which is not allowed here) and rarely a beta version of an app will be released on an unofficial source(like BiteSMS).

Jmills87 said:
Very rarely, if ever, will you need to add a source to Cydia. All of the major releases of any app/tweak/theme will be available on the default repos included with Cydia. The only thing outside sources are used for is piracy(which is not allowed here) and rarely a beta version of an app will be released on an unofficial source(like BiteSMS).

There are quite a few repos for legit things that need adding (such as the beta repos like iphonedelivery, the intelliscreen repo, couple of other ones that escape me because of the late time).

There are quite a few repos for legit things that need adding (such as the beta repos like iphonedelivery, the intelliscreen repo, couple of other ones that escape me because of the late time).

Ya, I mentioned that :p But like I said, that is for a VERY small group of apps, the majority will all be found on default repos