What's new

Accidently plugging an iPhone into someone's iTunes

FredPush

Reaction score
If I plugged my phone into a computer to charge it and itunes popped open with someone's account, would my pictures and videos in some way be transfered into their account? As soon as I noticed it I quickly unplugged my phone but was just concerned if their was a chance this could automatically happen without me wanting this to happen. Thanks

I would think not. The other day I got a friend's iphone, which he bought from his friend, but couldn't be turned on. I was asked to help. I plugged the phone into my mac with iTunes open and immediately it asks to either "setup as new" or "restore". I chose to setup as new and it went through fine. There was no files transferred to the phone, but I did sync some of my music files to the phone to test if he can use the newly setup phone. It worked fine afterward. I think unless somehow you had set your itunes to "automatically" sync your files whenever a idevice is connected, nothing should be transferred.

Unless you've authorized your device for use with that specific computer before hand and it's on automatic syncing upon connecting, nothing will happen. Then again, there'll be a Trust and Don't Trust message that comes up that will block any data connection between the device and the computer every time it's plugged in

Thanks. I would of thought it would be more of a chance to transfer files from itunes to a strange phone. I plugged my daughter's ipod touch on accident to my account and she got my music collection. But i didn't get anything from her's. Going the opposite way and pulling someone's personals (pics/vids) off a phone by accident did seem right. Plus i unplugged my phone within seconds. (Anyone else can still add to Fiat answer if need be). Thanks again

Yea I'm not sure I even left it long enough to even see any messages. As soon as I saw itunes pop up and I realized I unplugged my phone. Probably like 3 or 4 seconds. Would think I'm ok. Was just a little worried. Thanks willerz2 for replying

Last edited: