What's new

About iTunes "Backup" procedure

EWyatt

Reaction score
I'm embarrassed to ask this.... but here goes. I notice that when I plug my iPhone 4 to my PC with iTunes running, it immediately makes a "backup." Great. However, I can't find (in iTunes) previous backups I've made. Am I missing something?? Are my previous backups from weeks ago, etc., gone?

Having older backups are important. If I plug in an iPhone that has lost it's contacts, or whatever, for any number of reasons, and if iTunes only has the "backup" it makes while plugging in, then what's the point?

Surely, I'm missing the older backup points somewhere, right? Thanks.

(Note: on another PC, my wife's iPhone shows several backups listed -- from weeks/months ago!?)

I'm embarrassed to ask this.... but here goes. I notice that when I plug my iPhone 4 to my PC with iTunes running, it immediately makes a "backup." Great. However, I can't find (in iTunes) previous backups I've made. Am I missing something?? Are my previous backups from weeks ago, etc., gone?

Having older backups are important. If I plug in an iPhone that has lost it's contacts, or whatever, for any number of reasons, and if iTunes only has the "backup" it makes while plugging in, then what's the point?

Surely, I'm missing the older backup points somewhere, right? Thanks.

(Note: on another PC, my wife's iPhone shows several backups listed -- from weeks/months ago!?)

You don't have to be embarrassed, to learn ya gotta ask!
First, check this path on your computer C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
If it's not there it's likely there haven't been any backups

For more information I would point you here: iPhone and iPod touch: About backups

Cheers

Thanks for that, fstyle..... I'll have to check that folder when I get back to my PC to see if there are multiple backup entries, or just one. I know that I made several backups in recent months, so there SHOULD be multiple entries. If not, I'll be back to ask why not! :))

Also.............. suppose I connect and perform backups on several computers. Does only ONE PC have to be "registered" to the iPhone to retain previous backups?

(I effing hate iTunes!)

Last edited:
I love the striped apple icon. Where did u get it?

bec said:

Google striped apple logo.

Attachments

• $image-3531269698.jpg
    $image-3531269698.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 376
bec said:

Google striped apple logo.

Hey, hold on!! I made that icon, freehand, and it will cost $50,000 in royalties for anyone else to use it! Send payment, by cash, to me. But since we're friends, just send a six pack of Lone Star beer and I'll call it even....

EWyatt said:
Hey, hold on!! I made that icon, freehand, and it will cost $50,000 in royalties for anyone else to use it! Send payment, by cash, to me. But since we're friends, just send a six pack of Lone Star beer and I'll call it even....

Lol. The great lone star and a bucket of blue bell's