What's new

A word to the wise Re: DigiExpress, Inc.

rayted32

Reaction score
Re: DigiExpress: This company has ceased communication with me after failing to replace the aluminum back plate with an Apple-compatible back plate for my iPad2, leaving me without the ability to use my magnetized Apple Smart Cover. Additionally, because they opened the iPad up a total of three times because they failed to provide a 64Gb back plate, instead adding a 16Gb version, the display is improperly sealed to the back plate and has no chance of ever being sealed properly. So, I am left with an essentially broken iPad2 which has a much lowered market value were I to sell

Additionally, they threatened to return my iPad back to me in pieces. The next day, they then offered to replace both the display and the back plate, but insisted that I take responsibility if their heating up of the computing digitizer causes the iPad2 to be "fried". Of course, I said no way.

At this point, the back plate is non-Apple, will not work with my $40 Smart Cover. The display is pulling up all around the edges (they took it apart and resealed 3 times, 2 of which were a result of their incompetence!) and, the digitizer is failing in the lower 1/4 quadrant (it has lost its sensitivity, most likely due to the very thing they wanted me to guarantee, the heated display) To get anything to be sensitive to the touch I have to turn the screen 180 degrees to use the upper 1/4 quadrant).

I see their website and they put on a good show but, these people simply bury their head in the sand. If you Google them, their satisfaction rating is hugely skewed toward excellent. How can this possibly be? They essentially admitted their wrong by offering to replace my $800 iPad2 with a new one so long as I send the old one to them. Again, no way!

This company should not be your primary source for iPad repair. Their behavior is inappropriate and illegal, in this case. They refuse to correct this problem. Check out what their Pittsburgh area Better Business Bureau says about them . They give them an "F"!