What's new

LCD back plate help!!!!

losoulos

Reaction score
Hello all!
I have experience with iPods and iPhones a few years of working on them, but I have recently run into a problem. When I ordered a digitizer to put on an iPhone 3G I attached the LCD and found the digitizer did not work. I got frustrated with my purchase and very quickly shipped it back, forgetting that the LCD was still attached to the digitizer...
My predicament now is that I have a new digitizer and LCD, but no back plate! I have looked on the internet to find them, and I have found them, but there is none of the silver "tape" on it that looks like a gauze pad painted silver. I feel as if this is a very important part, or that it does nothing but use friction to hold the digitizer to the LCD. Which would make me feel dumb and smart at the same time.
If anyone knows where I could get this tape please let me know!
Thank you!
-Nick

Bump. I know someone here knows what I'm talking about.

Stop bumping this thread, please!

You are on an international forum and many people have not even had a chance to SEE your first post, let alone respond. Not only are you annoying someone who may have stopped in to help, you are breaking one of the forum's rules (no "bumping threads until after 48 hours have passed with no response).

I can't advise you about your issue but I CAN advise you to have a bit of patience. I am sure someone will be along to help.

Marilyn
Moderator, iPhoneForums.net

I don't think it makes that much if a difference, to return to the op.

I'm very sorry. Thought I read clearly enough but now I see I was wrong. Terribly sorry!