What's new

87% of iPhone 4S Owners Use Siri

It's not that I'm foreign. I'm just from the south. I guess my dialect is different from others.

You need to speak slightly slow and very deliberately with Siri. Consonants are important. Just think talking into a dictaphone like we used for years with our secretaries. You wanted to make sure they understood you. Clear speaking.

Remember too - this is the beta version of Siri. But I've dictated every word of and every piece of punctuation in this post. And Siri nailed every word. Even capitalized her own name. :)

pianoman said:
You need to speak slightly slow and very deliberately with Siri. Consonants are important. Just think talking into a dictaphone like we used for years with our secretaries. You wanted to make sure they understood you. Clear speaking.

Remember too - this is the beta version of Siri. But I've dictated every word of and every piece of punctuation in this post. And Siri nailed every word. Even capitalized her own name. :)

The dude that said Siri is a piece of crap should read this post.lol.

The dude that said Siri is a piece of crap should read this post.lol.
I think there're a couple kinds of people that use iPhones.

There are very young people, generally, that use it as a phone + toy (gaming tool).

Then there're business people that understand how vital their smartphone is to the entire way that they interact with their daily lives in business and personal paradigms. Those are two very very different groups of people using the same phone and feature set.

Now setting aside the problems that Siri has with understanding certain accents (I think that is a real problem they'll have to fix) I don't think the average young gaming kid/hacker is going to ever find any use for Siri other than to ask her dumb questions. To them Siri is indeed just a "piece of crap toy".

But Siri wasn't designed to be a toy for kids. It was designed to be an integral part of an adult business professional's life and a tool for people to find each other and find goods/services/info they need.

For that adult group of people Siri is not only great but an absolutely invaluable tool that we're beginning to wonder how we did life without before she came. :-0

Last edited:
I think there're a couple kinds of people that use iPhones.

There are very young people, generally, that use it as a phone + toy (gaming tool).

Then there're business people that understand how vital their smartphone is to the entire way that they interact with their daily lives in business and personal paradigms.

That's pretty funny because I had formulated the exact opposite theory. I'm a financial analyst for a Fortune 500 company and my friends and associates who use the 4S are business professionals. For the most part, we all give Siri a collective thumbs down. Based on my circle, I figured that those who may actually like Siri are teenagers.

And Siri understanding what I've said, is only half the problem. And I have no accent and enunciate well. It is more the logic that is employed by Siri that is "off".

I've come to the conlcusion that anyone who says they never or rarely have problems with Siri understanding what they say, is lying.

That's pretty funny because I had formulated the exact opposite theory. I'm a financial analyst for a Fortune 500 company and my friends and associates who use the 4S are business professionals. For the most part, we all give Siri a collective thumbs down. Based on my circle, I figured that those who may actually like Siri are teenagers.

And Siri understanding what I've said, is only half the problem. And I have no accent and enunciate well. It is more the logic that is employed by Siri that is "off".

I've come to the conlcusion that anyone who says they never or rarely have problems with Siri understanding what they say, is lying.
Well we can agree to disagree, agreeably. :) I am NOT lying. Many "professionals" don't have the time to "tinker" with a tool until they master it. I did. And Siri delivers all Apple promised. Now is she "perfect" - no way. Did she change the way I do my daily administrative work? Oh yes! Changed it forever. I haven't needed my admin assistant to do anywhere near as much as she used to. But in the end everyone has their own opinion. The Apple report is pretty stunning though - 87% of people are accessing Siri daily? Wow. That seems to be a "real" tool people are using. And we ARE in agreement that kids use it as a toy.

Last edited:
I know a few people with the 4s and all of them complain about siri.
Spelling the wrong words.
Can't look for businesses
Unable to ask for directions.
The list goes on.