What's new

6s too big. Heading back to 5s

rich72

Reaction score
Hi. I've had my 6s for around 3 months now. Don't get me wrong,it's an excellent device. I just find I can't live with its size. I find it difficult to type and hold with one hand. I'm heading back to 5s and just fought a used one from eBay. Anyone else gone done this route?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Would be an expensive solution in my case though. Treated myself to a 5s. Might look into SE at a later date.

Agreed. Would be an expensive solution in my case though. Treated myself to a 5s. Might look into SE at a later date.

I hope your eBay purchase went well. We hear so many stories of unsuspecting buyers being scam med>

I thought that I'd never want to go to a larger screen than 4". Even said so here on these forums several times. The 4" fit my hand well and wasn't too cumbersome on my belt. It just felt right. Last fall I wanted to trade up and after holding a friend's 6s I decided to to give it a try. It took me about 1 day to get used to it, and within a week I had decided that I was quite happy with the 4.7" screen and would never go back.

However, I do understand how you feel. I could easily have imagined finding out that I didn't care for the 6s and been in your exact situation. The introduction and sales of the SE showed that there's still a considerable market out there for 4" phones. I hope we continue to have those kinds of choices in the future.

As a side note, I've held the 6s Plus on a number of occasions and have decided that it's just not for me. My grandson-in-law has one and he loves it.

I too would have been happy with my 5 until it broke, brought a 4 only to find, my notes had a problem and whatsapp didn't work.
So now l have an iPhone 5s, my girlfriend has a 6+ and it's mine when the 7 is available, but l don't want it.
Don't see the need, l'm a light user, some calls, some email checks no big deal. I find the phone just too BIG and in a case makes it bigger.
Ok, for Women maybe but my jeans can't handle the pressure.

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.

The 5s is still a good phone yea nearly 3 year old but everything it doesn't do that the 6s does are little things. 3D Touch honestly not needed better cameras again hardly noticable best thing on 6s for me Live Photos which 5s doesn't do but not everyone will be bothered over them. Like you could use burst mode for similar effect plus that way you get to keep best photo.

Size of phone has never bothered me tho the 6s is probably biggest phone I've had in more bothered what they do tho think the plus would be too big.

My eBay purchased 5s arrived,and is spot on. Gonna look into selling the 6s now. May be tempted to put the money to getting 5se.

I can't imagine going back down to a anything smaller than my 6 Plus.

Maybe the fact that I use my Apple watch for the quick one-handed type of stuff, and love that extra screen space when i get in with both hands on the device. Size matters to me and the 6 Plus is the right size moving forward for me.

I just have a normal iPhone 6 and find it size perfect for everything I do with it. I myself wasn’t sure having a iPad how I would get used to the iPhone.