What's new

6.1.3 to 8.3

AmnSnuffy

Reaction score
Received an Iphone 4s as a replacement phone from a friend. They did a factory reset before i received it so it was reverted back to ios 6.1.3. No matter what I try I can't get the phone to update to 8.3, or anything higher than 6.1.3 for that matter. I've tried doing it in recovery mode, I've tried downloading through itunes as well as directly to the phone both on multiple networks. these have resulted in network errors or 9006 errors. Turned my firewall and antivirus off and still didn't work. I've tried downloading the ipsw file and shift clicking on update (also tried restore) and it will tell me the firmware is not compatible. I have the correct file because my itunes says the phone is iPhone 4,1. That is the file I have. I'm completely lost. Any assitance?

A 9006 error is a security error. If your anti virus and firewall software is turned off or disabled it should work. Also, when the iPhone was factory restored before you got it, the firmware did not revert to iOS 6.1.3, it was on that iOS version when being used.
If you're getting the firmware is not compatible message, you're trying to install the wrong firmware file, try one of the others for the iPhone 4S.