What's new

5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak Issue after installing Corona 5.0.1 Untether Package

Blackops

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just installed the untether Corona 5.0.1 package from cydia and the phone is now untethered. However, after it rebooted, the screen is not displaying properly. It shrink the display to the left upper corner. I can fix it by going to SBsettings and entering safemode and then restarting but if I reboot again, it happends. I need to find a permanent fix for this. Otherwise I will need to re-jailbreak and install all my tweaks again :(

Does anybody knows a permanent fix for this?

$photo.jpg $photo2.jpg

Last edited:
it wouldnt let me load corona untether...error came up..phone shut down

Boot safe mode remove the corona untethered and do it via a computer. Best thought I have on what to do.

Boot safe mode remove the corona untethered and do it via a computer. Best thought I have on what to do.

Do I need to re-jailbreak to do it this way?

"EDIT"-- Nevermind I saw in DEv-Team blog how to do it already, Thanks

Last edited:
Blackops

do you have a link to that Dev blog with the solution as i cannot find it and desperately get rid of those small windows

Thnx

You need to remove Corona completely and run the latest redsn0w over it. Version 0.9.10b3.

Corona will only cause problems.

Never ever use Corona.

Just run the jailbreak.

Chances are your phone is already f'd up.

I would restore fresh (setup as new) and apply the latest redsn0w.

I don't know what it is a put Corona (since they "supposedly" have the same exact files as latest redsn0w), but there had to be something extremely different about it, because I have not seen one person that has not had issues after installing Corona.

Including myself. Especially if you have a lot of extensions installed.

Corona just sucks.

DON'T USE IT!!!!!!!

Use redsn0w and uncheck install Cydia (if you already have Cydia installed)

You have been warned.