4s dead battery - quickest way to recharge

Discussion in 'iPhone Help' started by seeker, Oct 17, 2012.

1. seeker

seeker New Member

This happens to me and all my friends. End of a full day of use.. battery is dead. Not much time to recharge before the next activity. How can I get the most charge in my phone before I have to leave!!??!!!

What is the quickest way to get the most juice into my iPhone 4s in the shortest amount of time? I heard that I could use my iPad charger (10W / 2.1A) instead of the standard charger (5W / 1A). I believe that a slower charge will last longer (or so I have read). Are their warranty / damage issues if I use other methods?

Where do I get the general guidelines Max Watts/Amps. Avg time to get to 25% / 50%. I have learned that it is not an exact science and that volts somehow come into play when using the battery meter.

Any help would be mucho appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  2. Skull One

Skull One Super Moderator Staff Member

Given what you just stated, I highly recommend you simply buy a battery pack case for the iPhone. That is your only viable solution.

Now to address your questions directly.

You can not speed up the charging process. It is done by a circuit in the phone and that can not be altered.

Charging the iPhone with either the standard or iPad charger makes no difference what-so-ever, unless you leave the screen on, because the iPhone dictates how much power is being drawn. The charger is simply providing the electricity.

The guideline for charging is in a ton of white papers from battery manufactures that you would find very boring. The good news is, I happen to have a video on the subject matter that I did for fun ;) http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...lets-separate-facts-fiction-40230/#post210671

After you read that post and watch the video, if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

• Like Like x 2
  3. willerz2

willerz2 Super Moderator Staff Member

Mother of god. I haven't seen old school Kinects in YEAARRS. Oh man those childhood memories....

OT: I agree with the battery case suggestion. Getting one for the go would definitely help increase battery life. I'm using the Mophie Juice Pack Air. It provides about 80-85% charge under a full charge. It does go for a fairly steep price of 80$ but it was a pretty good investment since I use it pretty often. If you shop carefully, you can find a Kensington one for something like 30$ online or in some stores.

Also, if your 4S is closing in to the 1 year old mark, consider changing the battery. A fresh battery means a better charge capacity (again), meaning more juice for your charge.

As for fast charge, the initial 80% should take about a minute per %. So for a good 25% charge (assuming your iPhone still has some juice left in it so you don't have to wait for 5% of charge for the iOS to boot), it'll take you about 25 minutes. 50%, about 40-45 minutes, so on and so forth