What's new

4.3.3 to 5.01 or 5.11

p49k

Reaction score
I have a iPad2 at 4.3.3 sometime back I saved shsh and what was saved was 4.3.5, 5.0.1 and 6.0.1

I have done a lot of reading and some say it can be done and give examples of people downgrading from 6.x to 4.3.3
but I want to upgrade from 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 or 5.1.1 allowing me to jailbreak again.
The only reason is the Wife wants to install some apps that state I need to have ios 5.x or higher.
I have done a backup and a Transfer Purchases to my computer using iTunes.

I believe I read it was redsnow that can do this by choosing "extra" then more extra...
then selecting IPSW, choose the ios I want to go to. Then it gets a little fuzzy
for me from that point on. The example shows I also have to also select a IPSW 4.3.5 which
I have shsh for, and also pick the 5.01 which I have shsh for. I don't know if I could
have picked 5.1.1 but I believe I want to stay away from the 6.0.1 that I have shsh for.
I have IPSW restores downloaded for 4.3.3,4.35,5.01 and 6.01.
I have put the 3 shsh's I have into the redsnow folder.

I realize this is a iPhone forum but I read here someone was doing what I wanted to do with but with an iPhone.

Thank you,

Ken

You cannot upgrade from 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 directly. You have to upgrade to 6.1.3, then downgrade to 5.0.1 with both 5.0.1 and 4.3.3 blobs which you have already. What you're trying to accomplish is pretty much the steps shown here after you've upgrade to 6.1.3.

Thank you for your reply,

I don't have 4.3.3 shsh. I do have 4.3.5, 5.01 and 6.01

I read the link and i am still confused as it is different than another method using redsnow.
They both start off similar but the other method actually ask for not only the firmware I want
to upgrade to but the firmware I currently have on my iPad2 along with shsh for 4.3.5 and 5.0.1
which is where I am still unclear of the steps.

I need an example closer to what I am actually doing...

Thank you
Ken

You cannot upgrade from 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 directly. You have to upgrade to 6.1.3, then downgrade to 5.0.1 with both 5.0.1 and 4.3.3 blobs which you have already. What you're trying to accomplish is pretty much the steps shown here after you've upgrade to 6.1.3.

To simplify:

1) Restore to 6.1.3 using iTunes, preferably in DFU or Recovery Mode.

2) Download RedSn0w 0.9.15 beta 3 for your computer OS

3) Run RedSn0w as an administrator (if applicable)

4) Head to Extras > Even More > Restore.

5) Select IPSW and point it to the 5.0.1 IPSW.

6) You will get a message to plug the device in in normal mode.

7) Then it will state that if you want to downgrade to 5.0.1, you'd first need to select an iOS 4.X IPSW as well, so you must have the IPSW that matches your blobs downloaded as well. In your case, 4.3.5.

8) After selecting your 4.3.5 IPSW, your device will now boot into Recovery Mode

9) At this point, RedSn0w will check for blobs for both iOS versions. If you have them on Cydia, you can click Remote. If you have them on your computer (locally), you can click on Local and browse for them.

10) RedSn0w will not build the iOS 4.3.5 image for your iPad.

11) When prompted to, put your device into DFU mode

12) Wait.

13) The final message should say (in your case) "Your device has successfully been restored to iPad2,X_5.0.1_<build number>"