What's new

3rd iphone 5c in under 1 1/2 months

saintdawson

Reaction score
I'm on my 3rd iphone 5c and I call apple and they say that the only thing I can do is get another refurbished and so far they don't come out to be a working phone

1st iphone clicking in bottom left corner
2nd iphone discoloration all over screen
3rd iphone reboot in a call with green and grey lines.

I don't even know what to do I paid for the phone on contract and I have another 1 year 10 1/2 months left on contract.

If anybody could tell me what I can do about this please tell me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may just be a string of bad luck is all. The iPhone 5C in my biased eye is a bit more prone to issues (particularly hardware issues) because of the redesign of the internal chassis and the use of a plastic rear housing. You can possibly go back to your carrier and ask for a device upgrade by paying the additional between the 5C and the 5S, which is around $50 or so.

For some carriers, there is a grace/satisfaction period before you're fully committed to the device and plan, so you may want to check out if you're still in that period, or, call support, explain to them your dilemma and see if the agent or sales rep at the local store sympathizes with respect to the situation and would allow for you to swap your device.

Ok so I went to my carrier and they said that they will try one more replacement and if it still doesn't meet you expectations that they will offer me an escalade upgrade? I have no clue what that means. I go through telus in Canada. Any idea what that could mean?

Ok so I went to my carrier and they said that they will try one more replacement and if it still doesn't meet you expectations that they will offer me an escalade upgrade? I have no clue what that means. I go through telus in Canada. Any idea what that could mean? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe they said, "escalated upgrade". That might indicate an earlier upgrade than per your contract plan. Verizon offered me a 5 month early upgrade.

Would that mean I could do an upgrade right away as in if the next phone is a dud I could go in and they will let me upgrade or will the shorten my length of upgrade as I can upgrade 6 months before my contract end ways

Ok I went in I got the phone i don't what the name for it's called but it was a dud out of the box the screen was already clicking and they gave such good help they paid the contract of (device balance) and gave me a upgrade to any phone in the store. Well at least they stick to the product they sell and respect the customers.

Ok I went in I got the phone i don't what the name for it's called but it was a dud out of the box the screen was already clicking and they gave such good help they paid the contract of (device balance) and gave me a upgrade to any phone in the store. Well at least they stick to the product they sell and respect the customers. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great!

$image-2597116822.jpg