What's new

3gs stuck in recovery mode

allRAWiphone

Reaction score
Ive had this iphone 3gs jailbroken and unlocked on 4.3.3 but my wife updated the phone when she plugged it into itunes, now i cant get it out of recovery mode. Ive tried fix recovery, TU, reinstalling the 4.3.3 as well as a few other things. any help on how to get this iphone back running would be greatly appreciated.

Well this happened to me too and it was all because of the "FixRecovery" or "iRecovery" programs. You can try upgrading it to the newer firmware (4.3.5) and then downgrade to 4.3.3 again (you can downgrade because you already were on 4.3.3 so you'd be good to go ^_^

So your computer just wont recognize or let the iPhone connect? If yes, Then you must of downloaded and installed a program to your computer, Thats whats stoping your iphone to connect, and your iPhone is already on recovey mode. Thats just one option.
Have you tried using TimyUmbrella yet? If you download the lastest update, when you open the progam, you click on your device and click, "Fix Recover" OR "Exit Recovey" if its available. So What I think you probbly did is that you installed ome program that won't let you connect. Try using another Computer ^.^ I hope this helped.

i get the 1015 error code now. i tried fix recovery, ireb and tiny umbrella nothing seems to get it out of recovery mode. Using TU i hit the exit recovery, the phone reboots but goes right back into recovery mode, everytime. same with the other programs and when i restore it as well

Well I guess if you can't fix it, (try restoring it to the latest firmware?) if you can't fix it then you should take it to an Apple store so they can fix it, and remember "you never jailbroke your iPhone" so just give your iPhone to em while it's on DFU mode *

Great work icrank, this is why your the man on this forum.....lol