What's new

3 Best Apps for My New Year’s Resolution to LOSE WEIGHT!

JenniferB80

Reaction score
Fellow fatties (er… I mean friends :p)…like so many of you, in 3 days, I’m embarking on my annual new year’s resolution to lose weight. I’m sure many of you have downloaded the free calorie tracker apps like Lose It, Livestrong, or MyFitnessPal. The problem is that I’ve tried these and I absolutely HATE counting calories! I last about four days and then fizzle out.

But alas! I have found some apps on App Advice’s “best of” list and these are definitely going to be in my weight loss cabinet! I’ve downloaded them all, and listed my favorite three apps from their list.

My absolute favorite: intelli-Diet
iTunes Link: App Store - intelli-Diet App | Weight Loss App
Why I like it: For those like me who don’t like counting calories, this is the Rolls-Royce of meal planning. It automatically provides the foods I should be eating and even calculates the exact portion sizes.

My second favorite: FoodTrackerPro
iTunes Link: App Store - FoodTrackerPro - Daily Eating Log
Why I like it: This app doesn’t provide meal plans, but is good at keeping tabs at the number of servings I should be eating across all the different food groups. Big thing again, no counting calories for these.

My last one: GymBuddy
Why I like it: Although this one isn’t a diet app, you need something to keep track of your exercise. But I think you need to continuously improve to get healthier, not just do the same thing you did last week. I like this app because it time and date stamps every set and rep you peform. Pretty useful if you ask me.

I’ve been using all 3 inter-changably since I binged during Christmas with the relatives and so far, so good! I’d be interested to hear what other people like or have used. I’d like to keep this to apps that don’t force you to count calories though. There are so many of those, so let me know if you find any meal planner apps that aren’t on this list

Attachments

• $INTELLI-DIET.jpg
    $INTELLI-DIET.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:
thanks - i'm trying to make sure i have a comprehensive list of all meal planners:

intelli-diet
foodtrackerpro
mealboard
dietician

am i missing any? the rest seem to be calorie trackers

If any body is looking for good app to loose weight check out " my fitness pal" been using it since July and almost 60 lbs down. It has a UPC scanner and makes food tracking easy.

Found some more good ones... an app called goodfoodnearyou (when you're eating out). I'd stick to the meal planning apps above when you're at home though!

Great apps Jennifer! I started last summer going to the gym 7 days a week and have recently started going 4 days a week instead but losing 45 pounds in one month was nice.. before going tot he gym I tried all of these apps but I am just useless at running outdoors and keeping track of calories..etc but its so handy to see how far you run and to keep track of it all!

The SparkPeople plan is good and they have an app for tracking your intake.