What's new

2018 iPhone Name?

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you think Apple will call the next iPhone? Will they build on the X/10 name, go back to the 9, or go a completely new route with the model names?

The X IS 10 why would the call it the 10/10?
No they may call it the XI or 11
Or Xs, Xes or something like that
Maybe even play with it a little and call it the Xtra

Kind of like the old Lincolns were Mark II, III, IV (2, 3 and 4) then Ford started pretending they meant the actual letters and now there's a Mark Z.

The next iPhone may very well be the iPhone Y [emoji37]

I don’t think it will be an iPhone Y, that would leave the iPhone Z for the year afterwards, and then it would be over.
Maybe there’ll be another device with the size of the iPhone SE before the iPhone 11/XI/Xs or whatever comes out.

I think that the iPhone X is a one off in terms of numbering. Apple is likely to go back to using Arabic numbering next year. We won't know which number Apple chooses until they release it. iPhone 11 would be a logical choice.

Possible. The iPhone X was named because of the 10th anniversary, so it had to be something special this year.
Or maybe there will be an iPhone 8s and an iPhone XI next year.

Last edited:
I think they will offer a lower cost version of iPhone 8 like they have now...iPhone 8s. And then I think the X will become XI and so on. At some point the two versions may merge because they are so close in size, but there are many folks that just don't want to pay that higher price. Maybe there will be a compromise version in a few years. iPhone Xs?

I think they will offer a lower cost version of iPhone 8 like they have now...iPhone 8s. And then I think the X will become XI and so on. At some point the two versions may merge because they are so close in size, but there are many folks that just don't want to pay that higher price. Maybe there will be a compromise version in a few years. iPhone Xs?
Let's hope that an iPhone Xs doesn't come at an excessive price, despite it's name.;)

I think that the iPhone X is a one off in terms of numbering. Apple is likely to go back to using Arabic numbering next year. We won't know which number Apple chooses until they release it. iPhone 11 would be a logical choice.

I think so too, just like the third generation iPad where the next one was called the iPad 4

i was reading ideas.... iphone Y seemed funny and also good!
i wish they design the next one with not curved screen... I like the old design more