What's new

2012 ,If your life left 1 minute what you gonna to do?

It was just a really long calendar. There is no evidence pointing to them predicting the end of the world. Many older cultures have long have a long count calendar. The Mayan one is just more shrouded in mystery.

ardchoille said:
If the Mayans were really able to predict the end of the world, why were they not able to predict their own demise?

They did not predict the future, they just ran out of room on the calender.

sswe902 said:
They did not predict the future, they just ran out of room on the calender.

That was my point, I was trying to get folks to think, looks like I failed. If the Mayans were able to predict the end of the world, shouldn't they have also been able to predict, and therefore prevent, their own demise? This didn't happen, so it's safe to assume that their prediction methods were less than reliable.

Besides, the Mayan calendar doesn't predict the end of the world, it simply predicts a "change".. which could mean almost anything.

1 minute? whoa! that's short. hmm.. i'll eat something that i have never eaten before

That was my point, I was trying to get folks to think, looks like I failed. If the Mayans were able to predict the end of the world, shouldn't they have also been able to predict, and therefore prevent, their own demise? This didn't happen, so it's safe to assume that their prediction methods were less than reliable.

Besides, the Mayan calendar doesn't predict the end of the world, it simply predicts a "change".. which could mean almost anything.
im quite proud of myself actually,iv survived at least six "end of the worlds" lol.

The end of the world as we know it will be here one day doubt it will in my life time. Oh wait I wonder if the dinosaurs thought the same thing.