What's new

2 Year iPhone Insurance - $5.40 per month for Lost, Stolen and Accidental Damage

n2_edmond

Reaction score
When I purchased my 4s 64gb I went with the AT+T insurance which was $6.99 a month but the deductable is $199.99. I since received an email from Square Trade offering insurance with accidental damage included for $89.00 plus tax for 2 years with a $50 deductable. I purchased the Square Trade Insurance since it seems to offer the same if not better coverage at a much lower price and am dropping the AT+T insurance. I plan on getting insurnace for my Ipad 2 with them also.

Hi Randy,

You are comparing two different products.

The AT&T product covers Lost and Stolen whilst the $89 product you purchased at a discount (usually $99) covers Accidental Damage only.

How indeed does a two-year policy on iPhone 4S, with a replacement value of more than $700, get adequate coverage when the total claim allowable - no matter how many claims are made - is $599. That is what SquareTrade offers and expects consumers to have peace of mind with this. Compare this to others like Ensquared where there are three separate claims that can be made over a two-year period, each with a claim limit of $1000. Apples to Apples: Aggregate Claim limit at Ensquared is $3000 versus SquareTrade $599 .

SquareTrade – a company that only offers accidental coverage - compares its iPhone insurance to AT&T (which offers so much more than accidental damage) and to the Apple factory warranty (which is irrelevant because every iPhone has this coverage in year-one) and Best Buy (the only valid comparison, but notably by far the most expensive in the SquareTrade space). Ensquared, which compares more than favorably on every item in the pure Accidental damage space (i.e. lower deductible per claim, and higher aggregate $ claim limit by 5 times).

We compare all iPhone Plans, visit:

iPhone 4S 4 3GS Insurance Damage Theft Loss

When it comes to iPad insurance we can help you and we beat Square Trade once again. Please visit our Ipad Insurance page for more information:

iPad Insurance

Let me know if you need any more info.
Regards
Ed

n2_edmond said:
Hi Randy,

You are comparing two different products.

The AT&T product covers Lost and Stolen whilst the $89 product you purchased at a discount (usually $99) covers Accidental Damage only.

How indeed does a two-year policy on iPhone 4S, with a replacement value of more than $700, get adequate coverage when the total claim allowable - no matter how many claims are made - is $599. That is what SquareTrade offers and expects consumers to have peace of mind with this. Compare this to others like Ensquared where there are three separate claims that can be made over a two-year period, each with a claim limit of $1000. Apples to Apples: Aggregate Claim limit at Ensquared is $3000 versus SquareTrade $599 .

SquareTrade – a company that only offers accidental coverage - compares its iPhone insurance to AT&T (which offers so much more than accidental damage) and to the Apple factory warranty (which is irrelevant because every iPhone has this coverage in year-one) and Best Buy (the only valid comparison, but notably by far the most expensive in the SquareTrade space). Ensquared, which compares more than favorably on every item in the pure Accidental damage space (i.e. lower deductible per claim, and higher aggregate $ claim limit by 5 times).

We compare all iPhone Plans, visit:

iPhone 4S 4 3GS Insurance Damage Theft Loss

When it comes to iPad insurance we can help you and we beat Square Trade once again. Please visit our Ipad Insurance page for more information:

iPad Insurance

Let me know if you need any more info.
Regards
Ed

Thank you for opening my eyes to these facts square trade told me full coverage and after reading your post I called them back and the rep I spoke with told me full Accidental damage which isn't what they said when I first called about it. I immediately dropped them and got a full refund. Since my post I had a mechanical problem with my 4s and it is being replaced once it arrives Monday Nov 7th I will be insuring it with ensquared for 2 years and my iPad 2 for 1 year in hopes the iPad 3 will be out next year.
Thank you again

RandyM

Ensquared - call us on tel:1-888-406-7925 9am to 5pm
We will be happy to help you. Your iPad needs to be less than 90 days old to obtain insurance from us.