What's new

2 itunes updates in 1 day....

Yes, first it was 10.2 and a few hours later, 10.2.1

10.2 was released a few days ago. iTunes only checks for updates periodically. Or you can manually check for updates under the help tab...

What's going on?

Yeah, I used to think that the Microsoft Windows world was flakey! When I bought my iPhones back in Nov 2010 life was good. But suddenly, weeks later, there were iTune "upgrades" and iOS upgrades quite often. This is crazy! And yes, people can rationalize the "upgrades" but these people don't realize (neither does Apple) that the bandwidth to accomplish these giant upgrades is not available to the majority of the population. These 100 MB "upgrades" take hours on many standard American broadband connections, but who cares. Broadband is just fine in Apple's campground in California, so what do they care!

What's going on?

Yeah, I used to think that the Microsoft Windows world was flakey! When I bought my iPhones back in Nov 2010 life was good. But suddenly, weeks later, there were iTune "upgrades" and iOS upgrades quite often. This is crazy! And yes, people can rationalize the "upgrades" but these people don't realize (neither does Apple) that the bandwidth to accomplish these giant upgrades is not available to the majority of the population. These 100 MB "upgrades" take hours on many standard American broadband connections, but who cares. Broadband is just fine in Apple's campground in California, so what do they care!

If it takes you hours you clearly do not have broadband. I downloaded it over Verizon 3G (4.2.1 that is) and it only took me 20 minutes to download it. You're already paying at very minimum $55.00/month for your phone, you'd think you could afford $20/month for home Internet.

Fail lol

You speak from an ivory tower. I have "broadband" through a service called Clearwire (Clear) and get <25% of my subscribed speed. Clear caps speeds when their overworked towers can't handle the load, and they just say "sorry....". I functionally get around 250 -- 350 kbps on a 2 MB plan. No other broadband plan is available in my area.

That's why frequent 100 MB downloads every time S. Jobs has a twitch is tough on some of us.

Arrogance lol

Last edited: