HunnieBunnie
Well-Known Member
I finally updated my 5s to 11.3. something, and now I am getting mail notifications for the mail programme. I do not use mail on either my Mac or my phone---too many problems. How do I turn off the notifications?
As long as iOS is used by Apple, there will be updates. It's the same with every operating system.Amazingly enough, there is now an 11.4. something update available. They never stop!
As long as iOS is used by Apple, there will be updates. It's the same with every operating system.
Most of the updates are minor or security updates. Major updates come only a few times a year.Yes, this is true, it just seems that the updates come so frequently.....
Thank you, carolineM.
I have now updated to the 11.4. something update. I have noticed something different re my emails. Please bear with me whilst I try to explain this. Every time I get a new email of gmail, it pops up on my phone. That is fine. Normally, I use touch to unlock the phone and then press the home button once quickly, and it gets rid of the email notifications, and that is fine, too. Now, however, with these newest updates, if I swipe down from the top of the screen, I am finding email notifications that I already got rid of by the aforementioned method. Was this always there and I just never noticed it before, or is this new? Can I turn it off? Why would I want to see emails notifications I already got rid of?