What's new

+1 in contacts

Dell14z

Reaction score
Just got my iPhone 4 from my best friend. It is like a mini mini mini iPad to me. I set up my contacts -- typing forever it seemed -- and several messages I sent bounced as 1 wasn't needed as a prefix.

I'd like to manually input it so all entered will be preceded by 1.

How do I unset it to add it when dialing? I know I will have to edit most listings.

Why? You don't need the 1 when you make a call. You do need the area code if it is different than yours. You also need the area code for test messasging and imessaging. I just checked the my contact lists and I don't have any entered with a 1. This has been working on my iphones for years, tranfering from one iphone to the next with syncing and now icloud. Just be sure Dial Assist ( Settings>Phone>Dial Assist) is set to on.

It was set to on. I don't call, just text. For example, I texted a local friend. I entered her number wih my area code -- NO 1 in what saved.. I hit send and it bounced back as 1 with the number won't work.

I thought a Setting was "Add +1"

I guess you live in the US and when setting up the phone probably didn't select the US as location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk